One of the easiest and most cost effective strategies to grow your business is blindingly obvious.
Yet, only a small proportion of carpet cleaners use it.
Harvard Business School states this simple strategy is so powerful that even if it works in only 1 out of 20 cases, it can potentially increase your profits by up to 95%.
And it has already helped countless carpet cleaners to win thousands of dollars worth of business.
What is it?
Win back inactive clients.
You see, in every business there are clients who will stop using your services for one of three reasons.
- Their lives have changed and they no longer need carpet cleaning. For example, if someone has moved to a different country, they are not going to want your service. Consider these people lost clients.
- They weren’t happy with your service. I will tell you how to handle this issue in another lesson.
- Something happened that stopped them doing business with you temporarily. Clients who were happy with your quality of work, but have ‘forgotten’ about your service. They intended to contact you again, but never got around to it.
Number 3 is the most common reason that clients stop using your services. The good news is that you are about to discover how to win many of these clients back.
TODAY’S TASK: Win Back Campaign
- Get a list of clients you haven’t done work for in the past 12 months. Choose 20 clients at random to test this strategy. Start with just 20 – if you contact more, you may get swamped with too much work.
- Go to the Marketing Tool Kit of this program. Download the letter template called ‘I Miss You?’.
- Fill in the blanks in the template with your information. Send the letter to clients.
- If you haven’t heard anything from the client after three days, follow up with a phone call. There is a template in the Marketing Tool Kit describing what to say during the follow up call.