One of the things that frustrates me most is meeting carpet cleaners who are ‘advertising victims’.
An advertising victim is:
- Someone who has no advertising strategy and makes decisions based on articles and advice online.
- One who blindly follows advice instead of taking a proactive approach and developing their own plan according to their unique situation.
- A person who jumps on the latest marketing trends, even though they may not work for their industry.
- The truth is that every business is different – online advice that may work for one business might not work for yours.
For example, Google Adwords is a great way to get carpet cleaning clients because if someone types the keyword ‘hire carpet cleaner’, they are in buying mode.
But LinkedIn is probably not as effective because that network is more focused on professional services.
That’s why I recommend using tactics that have already worked for other carpet cleaners as a starting point. And then tweaking these strategies based on your results.
This is the best way to develop marketing that gives you the highest return on investment.
TODAY’S TASK: Use Proven Tactics
- At first, only use strategies that have worked for other carpet cleaners. This gives you a proven way to get clients.
- Once you have a proven way to get clients, you can focus on testing and tweaking. This is the step that can help you get the best results for your business.
- If you want to try something new, test small, measure results and then compare the return on investment to your existing strategies.