In today’s lesson, there is not a lot of theory. Instead you are going to start preparing your first direct mail campaign to get clients. This campaign will be at least three steps. That means you are going to send three letters to the same prospects.
Why would you contact the same person multiple times?
The reason is that many people do not respond the first time they receive a marketing message.
Studies show that sending a follow-up message can potentially generate twice as many leads… and sending two follow-up messages can potentially generate four times more leads. So if you are only contacting clients once, you are leaving a lot of money on the table.
Now that you understand why we send three letters, let look at the task…
TODAY’S TASK: Get Leads Through Direct Mail
In the resources section of this program, there is a simple fill-in-the-blanks 3-step marketing campaign.
In today’s task,you will discover how to use this campaign to grow your business. Here are the steps…
- Enter the relevant information in the template.You will find the template in the resources section of this program.
- Print 100 copies of the first letter.Place them in plain envelopes so they do not look like junk mail. Note the cost of the mailing including printing and delivery.
- Leave the envelopes on doorsteps in your target neighborhood. The plain look will create curiosity and get the letter opened. The attention-grabbing headline will get people who are interested in carpet to continue reading.
- Calculate your profit from the mailing by subtracting your costs from the sales.
- If the mailing was profitable, wait two weeks and send the second letter. Only send it to people who did not respond the first time. Again, calculate your profits.
- If the second mailing was profitable, repeat the previous step for the third letter. Sometimes you will find that the campaign is still making money after you have used all three templates. If that happens, tweak the templates and continue mailing these prospects until the campaign is no longer making money.
TIP:Check out Officeworks printing costs, starting from around 10 cents per black & white A4 sheet. Depending on your printer, it may be more economical to use their Document Printing Service: http://www.officeworks.com.au/