It’s easy to dismiss the Yellow Pages today. After all, it’s hard to imagine why anyone would still use a phone book to find a carpet cleaner instead of just searching online.
But here’s the interesting thing.Outside of capital cities, many small businesses still don’t have websites that rank in the Google search results.
So locals in these rural areas rely heavily on the Yellow Pages to find service providers. That means the Yellow Pages still work. In fact, they work better today because there is less competition.
But, there are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- First, never use your company name in the headline. Nobody cares about what you are called. They only care about what’s in it for them.
- Second, try to avoid words that people outside the industry won’t understand. For instance, hot water extraction means nothing to a client.
- Third, do not offer free estimates. Everyone offers a free estimate. It’s not special and not enticing.
What should you do?
That’s what we will discuss in today’s task…
TODAY’S TASK: Creating A Yellow Pages Ad
Here are the steps to create a Yellow Pages ad that will get you more clients.
- Write a headline that makes a promise or a warning. For example, “Warning: Before Getting Your Carpet Cleaned, Read This”… or “3 Ways Our Service Can Make Your Carpet Shine”.
- Expand on the headline: Explain the headline in more detail. For example, “Before you get your carpet cleaned, you must know about these three common problems that can cost you money-or worse, ruin your carpet”…
- Tell them what to do and why they should act now:To find out what these problem are, call XXX-XXX-XXX before they cause you headaches.