So far in this program you have discovered a number of different strategies for getting new clients and growing your business. Today I want to tell you about another little-used way to reach new prospects with the click of a button. This method is a great one to have in your arsenal.
It can save you a lot of time. It can help you find more clients with minimum effort and it’s also more personal thanflyers or brochures that many cleaners use. What is it?
Leaving a voicemail
Here’s how it works… If you regularly talk to prospects about your services, you have probably noticed that 90% of what you say repeats. Maybe you tell people why they must clean their carpets regularly, why air quality is so critical… or you may discuss other services you offer, like carpet protection.
Telling dozens of prospects the same thing is a huge waste of time and energy. That’s why voicemail is so great. By creating a voice mail message that covers your key talking points, you can ‘speak’ to dozens of clients at the same time. It’s a great way to leverage your time and make use of modern technology.
Voicemail has other advantages too. For example:
- It is non-threatening because you aren’t face-to-face with the client.
- People feel more comfortable because they don’t have to talk to a salesperson.
- People don’t feel “pressured” into buying anything.
- It seems “risk-free” so even slightly interested prospects will call.
Most important of all, voicemail qualifies your prospects automatically.
Instead of talking with 100 prospects, you’ll narrow the field down to 10 or 20 really interested people who want to do business with you.
TODAY’S TASK: Set Up Voice Mail…
Voicemail can be used with existing clients or to get new clients. In today’s task we will talk about new prospects.
- List out the 3-4 key points to sell your service. These are the points that you think will convince prospects to choose you over everyone else.
- Prepare a short three or four paragraph pitch using the following structure:
- Here is who I am
- Here is why I am calling you (you must have a reason like a special offer)
- Here is why this is important to you now
- Here is what to do (call me for a free carpet cleaning inspection)
- Sign up for a voicemail service like Straight2Voicemail. These services send your message direct to voicemail, so you can market to dozens of people at the same time.
- Follow the instructions in the software you choose. Speak slowly, clearly, and loud enough so the person listening will be able to understand everything you say on your Voice Mail message.It’s a good idea to play it back to yourself, so you can make any necessary corrections.
My name is (Name) from (Business Name). You don’t know me, but I recently did some carpet cleaning for (neighbour name) who lives nearby.
She was delighted with the results, and I loved working with her. So I wanted to reach out to others in the area and offer you a free carpet inspection.
There are no catches or fine print. Just a free inspectionto find out how you can make your carpetslook plush, luxurious and like new again.
If you are interested, call me on XXX-XXX-XXX while this offer is still available. That number again is XXX-XXX-XXX.
Thanks! Bye for now.