Today, I’m going to talk to you about an important strategy that can help grow your business two… three… even five times faster.
This strategy helps you to get more jobs from existing clients. It cements your position as the expert carpet cleaner … and it can help to increase your profits dramatically.
Here’s the story…
In marketing, there is a concept called ‘recency’. It is the length of time since you last contacted a client. For example, if a client used your service 6 months ago, but you haven’t contacted them since, then the recency is 6 months.
Recency is important because studies show the chances a client will buy from you again increasedramatically when you make the effort tocontact them. In fact, every month you don’t contact a client, they lose about 10% of their value.
So if you don’t contact them for 10 months, they will often never return!Now obviously, you can’t offer clients carpet cleaning every month. They would get annoyed and eventually tell you to stop pestering them.So what can you do to reduce the recency period?
The answer is to send a regular information newsletter to clients…
The most effective way to stay in contact with clients without pestering them is to send a monthly newsletter.
A monthly newsletter is a very cheap and easy way to keeps your relationship intact and actually strengthens it.
- It develops your relationship with clients
- It keeps your business at the front of your client’s mind.
- It gives you a chance to introduce and sell new products or services.
- It allows you to give your clients valuable information that positions you as an expert.
Of course, you may not have time to write a monthly newsletter, or you might not be a ‘writer’. That’s why in today’s task I want to share a quick and simple way to produce a newsletter each month.
TODAY’S TASK:Sending A Monthly Newsletter
Even though email is popular today, I recommend that you send a physical newsletter in an envelope.The popularity of post has fallen a lot in recent years. That means that when people do receive letters, they are more likely to read them. However, if you don’t want to send a printed newsletter, this strategy will work for email too.
- Think of a common problem that your clients struggle with. This could be anything from pet stains on the carpet to bad smells that won’t go away.
- Download Audacity. This a free voice recorder that is widely available on the Internet. Once you download it, open it and get ready to record.
- Hit record and start talking.Describe the problem you chose in step 1. Then describe the solution.
- Get the recording transcribed. Send the recording to a transcriptionists service like Rev.com. Usually these serviceswill prepare a transcription within 24-48 hours.
- Tidy it up.When you get the transcript back, read through it and clean up any odd grammar. Put a title on the top that describes what the newsletter is about. For example, “How To Remove Pet Stains From A Carpet”.
Your newsletter is now ready. Simply print it out and send it to clients.