Today’s lesson is an important one, especially if you are a hard worker.
It deals with running out of steam…not wanting to do this anymore…commonly known as a ‘burnout’. And what you can do to avoid it…
Here’s the story…
It’s a frustrating fact that the more successful, ambitious and hardworking you are, the more likely you are to suffer burnout.It typically happens like this… You push yourself harder than everyone else. You constantly worry about doing a good job, growing your business, securing your future. But you never take time to enjoy life. It’s like the line from an old pop song -‘Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans’… Soon you wake up feeling tired, solving problems become harder, jobs become a chore -and you just don’t care anymore.
It can have a serious impact on your work and your business growth. So it’s important to do whatever you can to avoid it or lessen it. That’s what we will look at in today’s task.
TODAY’S TASK:How To Avoid Burnout
- Take time off. Set aside two days every week where you don’t’ think about work at all. This will give your mind a breather. You’ll will be amazed at how much more productive you feel after a short break.
- Take holidays. Take time away from everything once or twice a year to do something you enjoy. Spending all your time working without a break is a recipe for disaster.
- Start delegating. One trap a lot of carpet cleaners fall into is doing everything themselves. This is a major cause of burnout. You can avoid it by delegatingand hiring a virtual assistant.
Here’s a simple trick to delegating…Set up an Evernote account. It’s free. Whenever you think of something that needs to be done, make a note. Twice a week, look at the list of notes and divide the tasks into the following:
- Do it -Things that you need to take care of yourself
- Delegate it -Things you can pay someone else to do.
- Dump it -Things that are not important for your business growth right now.